CBD products seem to be everywhere these days. Although their rise in popularity may have been somewhat sudden, their market acceptance has endured and only seems to be growing.
As CBD continues to gain following, more CBD products are coming on the market, offering users various ways to enjoy it. One of the most popular: CBD capsules.
What Is CBD?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a chemical compound found in marijuana plants. Each plant is made up of more than 100 different compounds called cannabinoids. Of these compounds, we really only know about two: THC and CBD.
CBD is said to offer a variety of possible benefits. It could be used to:
- Help users relax.
- Relieve some minor pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Provide relief from anxiety.
- Help users go to sleep and stay asleep.
Although CBD and THC both offer relaxing effects, the primary difference between the two is that CBD does not get people “high” as THC does.
Because CBD should contain less than .03 percent THC, users can enjoy its relaxing properties without the psychoactive effects THC causes. This is one reason people are choosing to try CBD over other marijuana products.
What Are CBD Capsules
One up-and-coming method of taking CBD is via a capsule.
CBD capsules are similar to capsules that contain medication. These pills contain a form of cannabis encased in digestible casings that will dissolve in the stomach. CBD capsules provide users all the benefits CBD has to offer but provides an additional way for users to take it.
To use CBD capsules, simply swallow them with a glass of water. The capsule will travel into the stomach, where it will be broken down, releasing all the ingredients it contains, including CBD. Because the pill must dissolve to release the CBD, capsules can take some time to go into effect. Users should allow anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes for it to take effect.
Although waiting for CBD capsules to take effect may seem like a negative to some users, the trade-off is often worth it. The effects CBD capsules offer users generally last longer than other ingestion methods like smoking and vaping.
There are also multiple types of CBD capsules. The three most common include:
- Full-spectrum CBD may contain trace amounts of THC and additional compounds.
- Broad-based CBD pills may contain hemp compounds and cannabinoids but do not contain any THC.
- CBD isolate pills contain a CBD concentration greater than 99 percent and do not contain other compounds.
Knowing the type of capsule you have can help you better plan for the effects you’ll face. Plus, you’ll have a better understanding of what is in the pill you are taking.
The Benefits of CBD Capsules
With so many CBD products available, why should you take CBD capsules? There are many reasons people turn to these products for their CBD needs. Benefits of CBD capsules include:
- They are pre-dosed. Unlike other products that require users to measure doses or guess how much CBD they may be taking, each capsule contains a set amount. CBD capsules make it easy for beginners and expert users to manage their intake.
- They are tasteless. CBD and hemp have a distinct taste that some people may find off-putting. Instead of battling to eat CBD products, like edibles, capsules make an excellent alternative.
- They are travel-friendly. It’s easy to toss your container of CBD capsules into your bag or purse and take them with you. No need to pack up all of your equipment before your next trip.
- They are discreet. Smoking and vaping CBD products leave behind a distinct smell that will inevitably clue those around you to what you are doing. CBD capsules can be taken discreetly, ensuring nobody knows what you are taking unless you want them to.
Your CBD Capsule Dosing Guide
No matter what marijuana or CBD product you are trying, it is important to find the correct dose. Too much can lead to adverse side effects such as drowsiness and dizziness. Too little can leave users without the effects they were seeking to feel.
The first time you use CBD capsules, it is best to start with a lower dose. Allow time for the pill to be digested and the CBD to take effect. Then, if you need more, you can take additional doses throughout the day. Keep track of how much you take to reach the effects you want. Then, you can look for capsules with that dosage.
CBD capsules can be found in many sizes. Five to 10 mg capsules are at the lower end and a good place to start. However, users can find them at 300 mg size and even higher.
Other CBD Products to Consider
If you try CBD capsules and have a good experience, you may start looking for other ways to get your CBD fix in. The good news is there are tons of options out there. Other popular CBD products include:
- CBD gummies in various flavours
- CBD edibles such as brownies and cookies
- CBD chocolate and caramel
- CBD oils, which can be applied topically or added to your food
- CBD-infused beauty products such as lotions or bath bombs for extra relaxation
Keep in mind whenever you try a new CBD product to watch how much CBD it contains to help you manage your dosing.
CBD capsules are a popular and discreet way for users to get their CBD fix each day. Because they are pre-dosed and easy to take, they are a great option for those who are new to CBD. Marijuana experts may find them a great option as well.
Finally, the CBD market is continually growing, with new products being introduced as CBD’s popularity continues to increase and endure. Keep an eye out for products that appeal to you. If you have any questions about a CBD capsule or other product before you buy, don’t hesitate to ask the staff at the online dispensary you are purchasing your product.