Written and Fact Checked by S. Zulfiqar
The people who have never experienced being stoned always wonder what it feels like to be high on marijuana. On the other hand, the people who are already consuming cannabis in any way, are aware of how relaxed they feel right after a smoking session.
But what exactly is it about this plant that makes it such an incredible gift from nature?
Even if you think of yourself as one of the true weed enthusiasts, you should know more about what weed is about and how does it make you feel.
This article will guide you to a much clearer path where you will get to know what exactly to expect after you have had a smoky sitting with your friends.
Like everything thing else, marijuana impacts differently on different people. It’s not like one person would feel high on weed and the next person would start feeling low but the effects of it, sometimes slightly vary from person to person.
Of course, there are a lot of contributing factors because of which the stoners feel how they feel. Let’s take a quick look at the reasons behind the sensations that we usually feel whenever we are under the influence:
How we react to weed depends on numerous factors like:
The strain of cannabis we take: It’s a commonly known fact that different strains of the plant react differently on people. So while one strain makes you feel a certain way, the other strain will probably make you feel slightly different. It’s all because of the various properties of the stains.
The dose That we Take
Another common factor is the number of plants we use. If we are aware of our tolerance level and consume accordingly, we tend to feel the pleasure that we are seeking. Contrary to this, if we are not completely aware of how will the weed impact us and we consume a larger amount of it then well, it’s not going to be a very pretty experience.
The Potency (of course)
Similarly, the potency of the concentrate we are using plays a huge role as well. We would do well to first get to know about what we are planning to consume and more importantly, not to overdo it.
Our Method of Smoking or Consuming
Amongst stoners, it is widely believed that how we consume the plant has a pretty significant impact on us. For example, don’t be surprised if vaping weed makes you ‘green out’ while smoking a regular joint was always a piece of cake for you. So the smoking procedures should also be taken into account.
Sublingual or Tinctures
It is medically proven that such methods of consuming the goodness of cannabis have a much deeper and faster effect on you. Pouring a few drops of CBD tinctures under your tongue acts much faster than even smoking bongs of blunts. It takes only a few minutes for tinctures to kick in while smoking the weed may take a while and in some cases, it even takes hours.
Inclusion of Alcohol and Other Drugs
If you are planning to drink alcohol or use other drugs while smoking weed, it may not be a good idea.
Like alcohol acts differently on your body and mind, other drugs act differently as well. So mixing things up like that is not recommended.
Other Miscellaneous Factors
Things like age, gender, and the physiology of the person that’s smoking also play their part. How often you get high is something that we can’t ignore as well. Because if you are a regular stoner, your body might well have developed a tolerance level.
However, if you’re new to it or if it’s going to be your first time, you won’t have to worry about it.
How Weed Makes Us Feel
- Relaxation: The number one reason why tons of people smoke weed is that they want to feel relaxed.
- Euphoric: Another reason that you may feel is that weed tends to make you feel pretty happy or excited. So if you think you’re, all of a sudden happy, just know that it’s because of the joint(s) that you have just smoked.
- Giggly or amused: The regular jokes might seem funnier when you’re high. Make sure that you are enjoying the time and the jokes that are either coming to your mind or your friends are making them because that feeling will not last forever.
- Creative: If you consume marijuana on regular basis, you might have noticed that being high on weed makes you more creative. Of course, there are not many types of research to back it up but it is often believed that weed makes you creative. So if you think of going creative some evening, now you know what to do.
- Hungry: If there’s one thing for sure, you will feeling hungry after your weed session. If even if you are hungry, don’t worry. Just go to your kitchen and have a bite of your favorite snack while you think about what food to order for yourself for later on.
- Sensitive: Many people believe that after consuming marijuana, their senses become sharp and they get more sensitive to light, color, smell, taste, touch, and sound. So the next time you think you’re developing superpowers, just know that it’s just weed that’s making you feel like this and soon within a couple of hours, you will be back to your normal version.
Remember Marijuana is not Always so Pleasant
It can lead to some uncomfortable and unpleasant feelings as well including:
- High blood pressure
- Fast heartbeat
So to avoid such situations, it is recommended to take a slow start and not overdo the situation. Also, you can get to know your tolerance level so that you’re aware of how much you should consume. Apart from that, avoid smoking alone. Prefer smoking with a group or at least some like-minded friends. So even in the case, something gets out of control, they are there to save the day.
- Bonn-Miller MO and Zvolenskey MJ. An evaluation of the nature of marijuana use and its motives among young adult active users. Am J Addict. Sep-Oct 2009;18(5):409-16.
- Baker D, Pryce G, Giovannoni G, and Thompson AJ. The therapeutic potential of cannabis. Lancet Neurol. 2003 May;2(5):291-8.