Today, people can do almost everything online. Many people attend classes online, consult with doctors online, and even order food online. As the world continues to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, people are turning to the internet to do more from the safety of their homes.
More industries look to the internet for new ways to serve their customers, including ones you may not have thought about. One sector that is becoming more popular for its online offerings: the marijuana industry.
Whether you are looking for a discreet way to try weed for the first time or looking for new products to try out, buying weed online is a great option. Discover what you can purchase from an online weed dispensary, why it’s becoming such a popular option, and what to look for when choosing the best retailer for you.
First, Know What You Want
There are many types of cannabis to choose from, each offering users a unique experience. Be sure to know what kind of product you want before ordering cannabis. For example, are you searching for the relaxing effects of an indica cannabis strain or the energizing effects sativa offers?
Online weed retailers don’t just sell marijuana buds and flowers, though they certainly do sell those. They also offer various other weed products, including:
- Vaping accessories such as pens, cartridges, and more.
- CBD products such as oils and gummies.
- Edibles, including baked goods and chocolates.
- Cannabis concentrates like resin, shutter, hash, and budder.
Going shopping online for weed without having an idea of the product you want can be overwhelming. By taking time to think about what you want, you will have a place to start your shopping and have a better experience overall.
Choosing the Right Online Weed Dispensary
A simple search about buying weed online will likely bring up many results. But, it is important to choose a reputable seller so you aren’t taken advantage of. When choosing a weed dispensary, here’s what to look for:
- Research where the product comes from. Look to see if the company is based in your area or elsewhere. If you can’t find out online, contact the company for more information.
- Make sure there are ways to get in touch with them. Whether you need help choosing the right cannabis strain or may need help in the future, make sure the company is easy to get hold of.
- Read online reviews. Online reviews will give potential new customers a better idea of the type of service they can expect and the quality of the product they will receive.
- Know the shipping details. This doesn’t just include shipping costs but also how the product is packaged. For many, discretion is important when it comes to weed getting delivered to their home.
- Do they offer deals? Many online cannabis sellers will offer deals to customers. Look to see if the company offers deals or has a loyalty or reward program for repeat customers.
The Benefits of Buying Weed Online
There are many reasons why buying weed online is becoming popular. During these cold winter months, it can be difficult to get out due to inclement weather. Ordering marijuana for delivery allows users to stay home and stay safe.
At the age of COVID-19, many people may be unable to go out or are limiting their time out so as not to risk exposure. When you order marijuana for delivery, you limit your exposure to other people.
Many online weed retailers offer special pricing for bulk orders. These deals allow users to save money while ensuring they have enough supply to last them a while.
Online dispensaries also often offer bigger selections than in-person stores and have better prices. Be sure to shop around when buying weed online. Many retailers offer price matching if products are found at a better price elsewhere; yet another way you can save money by buying online.
Finally, it can help protect your identity in more ways than one. Although cannabis has been legal in Canada for a few years now, some people may be hesitant to visit their local store in-person. Buying online allows users, new and experienced alike, to shop in complete anonymity while also protecting your personal information online.
Online Marijuana Buying Myths
Since marijuana has only become legal within the last few years, online retailers are also relatively new. Because of this new-ness, there are many misconceptions out there about the process, including:
- You can buy weed online, even if it’s not legal where you live. Although recreational marijuana was legalized in Canada in 2019, it is not yet legal worldwide. Reputable, licensed online dispensaries will only sell and deliver to areas where it is legal to purchase marijuana.
- You pay with your credit card. Most people are used to entering their card information or using an online payment app to make online purchases. Buying weed works a little differently. It will require an E-transfer, and instructions should be available on the site.
- You’ll get low-quality weed. There is a common misconception that weed purchased online is bad. That is not necessarily the case. As long as you purchase from a reputable seller, you can anticipate getting quality weed. Check to see if the dispensary you are getting ready to purchase from has a quality guarantee to give you peace of mind before placing your order.
A Summary of How to Buy Weed Online
Before you make your first online weed purchase, be sure to do your research so you know you are buying from a reputable cannabis company. Read online reviews of the company itself and the different products it offers. This will go a long way in helping you get an idea of the type of service the company provides as well as the quality of the products it sells.