Magic mushrooms have been used for thousands of years. Recently, though, they have experienced a bit of a comeback.
However, eating a raw mushroom is not the most appealing option to most people—whether it is magic mushroom or not. Instead, consider magic mushroom tea. This consumption method is among the most popular ways for users to ingest magic mushrooms, and for good reason.
Discover what magic mushrooms are, why you should use them to make tea, and how to make delicious magic mushroom tea at home.
What Are Magic Mushrooms?
Also called shrooms, magic mushrooms are mushrooms that contain psilocybin. These mushrooms can be found in nature or grown indoors. Before you go out hunting for shrooms in the woods, be cautious. These shrooms closely resemble another type, which is poisonous. That’s why many people prefer to buy their magic mushrooms online.
Psilocybin is one of the most powerful hallucinogenics out there. Its presence in magic mushrooms can lead to physical and mental effects such as:
- Distorted sense of time and reality
- Lack of coordination
The exact effects you’ll experience when using shrooms will vary based on how much you take, how you take them, and even the state of mind you are in at the time you use them.
What Is Magic Mushroom Tea?
As its name implies, magic mushroom tea is a tea that has been made using magic mushrooms.
This shroom consumption method is popular for many reasons:
- It masks the taste of shrooms. Psilocybin mushrooms are not known for tasting great. In fact, they can have a flavour that hints of dirt, and they are quite meaty and rubbery in texture. Using them in tea is an appealing alternative to munching on a raw shroom for many.
- It helps prevent nausea. Many people report feeling nauseous after eating raw shrooms. Using them to make tea is known to help curb this issue.
- It is easy to make. Most people who make shroom tea are already tea drinkers, so they will likely have everything they need on hand.
How to Make Delicious Magic Mushroom Tea
Making magic mushrooms tea is simple and can be made using raw magic mushrooms or powdered magic mushrooms. We’ll show you how to make tea using either product.
To make shroom tea, you’ll need:
- A kettle
- Magic mushrooms (raw or powdered)
- Teabags (optional)
- Lemon juice
- Scissors or a knife
To make magic mushrooms tea using raw mushrooms, follow these steps:
- Weigh the number of mushrooms you want (Remember to start with a low dose your first time.)
- Cut the shrooms into small pieces and place them in a tea kettle.
- Add lemon juice (2 teaspoons) to the mushrooms in the pot.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Boil water in the pot.
- Pour the hot water into the tea kettle containing the shrooms.
- Let it steep for about 20 minutes.
Note: This is where you can add a teabag if you want, but this is optional.
- Add honey to your tea
- Serve and enjoy!
To make magic mushroom tea using powdered mushrooms, follow the instructions below:
- Measure how much powdered mushrooms you want to use and place them in the tea kettle.
- Add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and some ginger to your shrooms.
- Pour hot (but not boiling) water over the mixture.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly.
- Let the tea steep for about 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Storing Magic Mushroom Tea
While shroom tea is best served right away, you may make enough for a few servings at a time. Shroom tea should be fine for a few days if stored in the fridge. Do not leave it sitting out in your tea kettle for long.
Dosing on Shroom Tea
Magic mushrooms are potent and provide people with powerful effects. It is important to watch your dosage when making magic mushroom tea. Plus, the number of shrooms you use will also impact the effects you’ll get to experience.
Suppose you use a low dose of shrooms (usually about 1-2 grams per serving, depending on your tolerance level). In that case, you can expect more therapeutic benefits. You may feel more creative, more focused, and even mentally stimulated. However, a higher dose will trigger the hallucinogenic effects shrooms are most known to provide users.
It’s always a good idea to start with a low dose your first time making shroom tea. You can always add more shrooms the next time you make it if the effects aren’t quite what you wanted.
Your environment can also influence the effects you’ll have while using shrooms. In addition to watching your dosage, be sure you enjoy your tea while in a comfortable place and when you are in a good state of mind to help ensure you have a good experience.
Magic Mushroom Tea Summary
Magic mushrooms can be consumed in many different ways. One of the most popular ways people choose to consume shrooms is by steeping it in tea and making shroom tea.
Making tea using magic mushrooms offers many benefits. Perhaps the biggest benefit it offers is masking raw mushrooms’ flavour, which most people don’t find appealing. Plus, making magic mushroom tea is easy; most people will have what they need on hand.
For those who are fans of drinking tea and want to experience all that magic mushrooms have to offer, shroom tea is an excellent option. You can make your tea using raw shrooms or powdered mushrooms, and you can add different ingredients such as tea bags, honey, or other items to tailor your tea to your taste.
As you make your delicious shroom tea for the first time, remember to mind your dosage. Start with a low dose and increase it as you feel comfortable. It’s better to start low than end up with effects that are stronger than anticipated.