Is there any activity more synonymous with summertime than hanging out by the pool? On a hot summer day, few things are better than a day at the pool with friends. Well, maybe there is one thing better: hanging out by the pool after using cannabis.
The right cannabis strain can enhance your poolside experience. If you are just looking to relax, certain strains can promote relaxation, leaving you blissed out while by the pool. Or perhaps you need a little help coming out of your shell and socializing with friends. There’s a strain for that too. Or if a day of pool volleyball is on the agenda, perhaps an energizing strain is the ticket?
Whatever are your plans for chillin’ by the pool, choosing the right cannabis strain to enjoy beforehand can help enhance the experience. We’ll show you how to find the right poolside strain and highlight five of our favourites.
What to Look for When Choosing a Cannabis Strain
There are thousands of cannabis strains on the market today. And new ones are being created each year. That means you have many options when it comes to choosing what strain you want to purchase and enjoy.
So, how do you know which strain is for you? Here are some tips to help you find the right strain:
- Know what type of plant you want. There are three main groups of cannabis plants: Indica, Sativa, and Hybrid. Though your unique experience can vary, each plant is known to give unique effects. Indicas, for example, are known for offering more relaxing effects, while Sativas are generally more energizing. Hybrids offer a mix of these two, though they may favour the properties of whichever plant is dominant in their profile.
- Know your tolerance level. The amount of THC in a plant is essential to know. The more THC, the stronger the high, so be sure to choose a strain that has a THC content you can handle.
- Know what people are saying. Read reviews for your potential strain so you know how different people have reacted to it. Users often hop online to share their experiences with various strains with others.
5 Strains to Try When Chillin’ Poolside
Now that you know how to narrow down your cannabis options, here are five strains we recommend for poolside use this summer.
- Harlequin. This particular strain is rather unique because it contains high amounts of CBD and low amounts of THC. That means it can help people feel relaxed and happy without the sedating effects THC often offers. This is a good strain for newbies to try when they need help relaxing before their poolside party. Harlequin has a wide range of flavours, from earthy to mango, making it perfect for summertime use.
- Golden Pineapple. This energizing hybrid was created by crossing Golden Goat and Pineapple Kush. It offers fruity flavours and a pineapple aroma, transporting users from the pool to the beach. Users will feel energized with a great mood, giving you the boost you need to enjoy whatever pool activities your friends plan.
- Sunset Sherbet. This strain is sometimes just called “Sherbet” and is Indica-dominant. The child of Girl Scout Cookies and Pink Panties, Sunset Sherbet offers powerful full-body effects and leaves users feeling relaxed, carefree, and sleepy. If a day just relaxing in the sun by the pool is on the agenda, this strain is a great one to try. It is, however, very potent, with THC levels averaging about 18 percent, so it is not the best option for novice cannabis users.
- Jillybean. Calling social butterflies: This is the strain for you. Jillybean is known for producing euphoric, uplifting effects and promoting creativity, making it the perfect strain to try before heading to a pool party. It also has summertime flavours, such as orange and mango. Though it is Indica-dominant, it tends to offer effects more common in Sativa strains, making it rather unique.
- Blueberry. The product of Purple Thai and Thai, Blueberry was a Cannabis Cup Winner in 2000. As you may have guessed, users can expect a blueberry flavour when enjoying this strain. As an Indica, it offers users relaxing effects while also boosting their mood. Blueberry is a great strain to try if you are looking to have a relaxing day. Blueberry is known for having a high THC content, so be sure to use this particular strain responsibly.
Other Cannabis Poolside Options
If smoking cannabis isn’t your preferred method of intake, there are other ways you can use cannabis while chillin’ poolside.
You can make your own cannabis-infused beverages. There are recipes out there for everything from cannabis tea and lemonade to cannabis mocktails and cocktails. Simply make one and sip it as you lounge by the pool.
You can also try out cannabis edibles. These come in many forms, but baked goods are among the most common. Try a cannabis brownie as you relax in the water.
There are many different cannabis strains on the market. The one you will want to purchase and use for your pool days depends on what activities you are planning to do. Some strains can help you relax while floating or soaking up the sun, while other strains can give you the boost you need to socialize and enjoy pool games with friends.
Though we’ve highlighted five strains to help you get started, there are others out there, too. Don’t be afraid to ask friends for recommendations for summertime and poolside strains. You can also reach out to your dispensary and ask their team for help finding the right poolside strain as well.
In addition to smoking cannabis, you can also try making a fun summertime pool beverage infused with cannabis.
If you do use cannabis, be sure to exercise caution. Only take what you can handle and be safe around the water. Make sure you take the necessary precautions to prevent accidents while you enjoy your cannabis poolside.